Hearty, healthy meals are important to keep the family fueled and energized in the fall. Try the wholesome recipe below, created by Elizabeth Somer, M.A., R.D. and author of “Eat Your Way to Happiness.” It’s easy to prepare, and it includes DHA omega-3 in every serving.
Fettuccine à la Tomato and Basil
Makes 4 servings
96 mg of DHA per serving
- 1 12-ounce package of dried fettuccine pasta
- 3 cups (¾ cup per serving) Francesco Rinaldi® ToBe Healthy pasta sauce (Tomato & Basil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- ⅓ freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Directions for pasta
- Cook fettuccine in boiling, salted water until al dente; approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Directions for sauce
- Meanwhile in a nonstick, medium saucepan, cook garlic and olive oil over medium heat until simmering, about 4 minutes.
- Add basil and Francesco Rinaldi® ToBe Healthy pasta sauce (Tomato & Basil) and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in a large, warmed bowl. Pour sauce over the top and toss. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
What’s your favorite fall recipe?