Did you know heart disease is the leading cause of death in Americans, according to the Center for Disease Control?
It is important to maintain good cardiovascular health. Check out these tips:
- Get a pet. A recent study from the American Heart Association found owning a pet, particularly a dog, may reduce your risk for heart disease
- Support healthy blood flow. Taking a supplement like the newly available OptiFlow with Fruitflow may support blood flow by helping to maintain healthy platelet function
- Cut back on sodium and saturated fat. Limit your salt and saturated fat intake as part of an overall healthy diet
- Consume more omega-3s. Research from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto found omega-3s, when used as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle may help reduce risk for heart disease
- Eat a diet rich in good-for-you foods. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fiber
- Exercise. Plan to be active every day and ask a friend to join your activities to make them more fun and engaging