Plan a romantic dinner for two, featuring with this salad recipe from Elizabeth Somer’s Eat Your Way to Sexy. “This salad features pomegranate, the symbol for longevity, immortality and abundance in China and fertility in Greece,” says Elizabeth. “Pomegranates are rich in potassium, vitamin C, fiber, B vitamins and phytonutrients. Feeding your body and brain with nutrient foods – now that is sexy!”
Fall Romance Salad (from Eat Your Way to Sexy by Elizabeth Somer, M.A.,R.D.)
- 2 1/3 cups unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar (preferably one infused with pomegranate)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 /2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper salt to taste
- 20 ounces baby greens, such as Fresh Express Tender Ruby Reds
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups toasted walnut pieces
- 5 tangerines or small mandarin oranges, peeled, sectioned, the pith removed, and cut in half
- 1 1 /2 cups pomegranate seeds
1. In a medium, non-stick saucepan, bring juice to a gentle boil and simmer until reduced to 3/4 cup, approximately 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. While still warm, add thyme. When cool, add vinegar, oil, pepper, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, place lettuce. Top with onion, parsley, walnuts, orange pieces, and finally pomegranate seeds. When ready to serve, gently and thoroughly toss with dressing. Makes 8 servings.